When living in a different country, you might not always have access to ingredients from your home country. However, you shouldn’t let that stop you. Rather, it should be a motivation to adapt the dish. Recently, I was missing a s’more which is an American classic. Unfortunately, graham crackers are impossible to find. But, I did not let that stop me. Instead, I decided to adapt the recipe, and I found milk chocolate digestives to be the perfect substitute.
Now, I am going to share my recipe for a single s’more, so you can make them as well:
- 2 milk (or dark) chocolate digestive biscuits
- 2 marshmallows
- Optional: piece of chocolate
- Heat the oven to 60 degrees Celsius
- Place marshmallows on a baking tray, then pop them into the oven
- Let the marshmallows cook for about 5 minutes, or until they are puffy
- Remove marshmallows from the oven
- Place the marshmallows on the chocolate side of a digestive biscuit (optional step: add a piece of chocolate between the marshmallows if you want a more chocolatey s’more)
- Finally, top with the other digestive biscuit
While the s’more recipe isn’t identical to the traditional US recipes, it is quite similar and I think it might even be better with the digestive biscuit. Be creative, don’t let the lack of an ingredient stop you from making something from home. If you adapt a recipe from home, don’t be afraid to share the recipe with others, so they can enjoy it as well!
Meet The Blogger