Ireland is an amazing little country in Europe that houses the perfect balance of modern city living and age old country sides. There are hundreds of reasons you should choose to study in Ireland but this list focuses on the top 10 reasons why.
1. English Speaking- Although Ireland has its own national language; English is the most prominently spoken language here. This makes it much easier for visitors and students coming from abroad to adapt to life over here.
2. Scenery/Nature- Known as the ‘Emerald Isle’ this country garnered that nickname as a result of its beautiful greenery which can be seen in pretty much every part of the country.
3. People- Irish people are famous for their hospitality and friendliness something that eases the stress and anxiety of moving country massively. A friendly face means the world to someone when they are out of their comfort zone and the Irish population will do all they can to make you feel welcome!
4. Easy access to other European countries– Ireland is a short flight from most countries in Europe and with the Irish visa you have guaranteed access to all of the countries in Europe.
5. Safe place to live- The Global Peace Index has ranked Ireland as the 12th most peaceful country in the world. This is as a result of it being an extremely safe place to live.
6. Education system is one of the best- The Irish education system is ranked among the top 20 in Europe and has been a key factor in its rise to the top of the fastest growing economies in the world list
7. Culture- The Irish culture has played a massive role in enticing students to come to Ireland to study as it was the third most popular answer when American students were asked why they chose to study here.
8. Young vibrant population- Ireland has a super young population with over 40% of the population aged under 25. This makes it a really exciting place for students to study as there is already such a youthful society here.
9. High quality scientific research- Many students from India in particular choose to study in Ireland as a result of it being an international hub for excellent research.
10. Leading global MNC’s- Ireland is the second most popular destination for foreign direct investments after Singapore. Many famous brands such as Apple, Goggle, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. have their main office for European operations in Ireland.
Why not give Ireland a chance? It is a stunning country with friendly people and after reading all of these reasons you would be foolish not to consider it!
To find out more about the University of Limerick and our UL Global division, give our website a visit: https://www.ul.ie/international/