By UL International Student Bárbara Campos Pérez
In my last blog as UL International Ambassador I just want to say:
THANKS IRELAND FOR….
- Teaching me that rain or storm doesn’t mean a bad day.
- Sharing with me the magic of the Cliffs of Moher.
- All the sunsets and wind on my hair riding home after class. They make me feel completely alive!
- Making me feel welcome and at home from the first day.
- Giving me friends for life.
- Showing me that a closer relationship with my professors is also possible.
- Giving the color green a new meaning in my life.
- Giving me more than one flu during the semester to show me the good friends that I had at my side.
- For all the rainbows that I had the opportunity to see.
- Teaching me that having good craic is the best word out of all the languages to talk about fun.
- For having more than 70 Clubs and Societies to choose from in UL!
- Revealing to me that: It is never too early or never too late for a beer!
- For all the amazing castles and green fields that I discovered travelling around the island.
- Giving me the opportunity to try and learn sports that I had never thought of! As in kayaking and surfing!
- Showing me that it is impossible to not sound funny trying to pronounce Irish words.
- For the kilos that I gained from eating Irish breakfasts.
- Thanks for having Irish coffees, Guinness and very good whiskies.
- For having the opportunity to enjoy the sea in every corner of the country. It’s amazing to live on an island!
- For making me more eloquent after kissing the stone in Blarney Castle.
- Showing me that it’s possible for young and old people to party together! This is my favorite thing about Irish bars.
- Thanks Ireland because I fell in love with you!