I’m Anna from Los Angeles and I’m going to talk a little about the do’s and don’ts when packing for your abroad trip to the University of Limerick. I come from a really warm environment where it would be ages before we saw rain.
So, moving to Ireland for the year was going to be a HUGE change for me in regards to weather. Over packing for me was an understatement. I packed 2 big suitcases that were OVER 50lbs and I regretted it the moment I got here because there was not enough room for that many clothes. AND there’s a wonderful store called “Penney’s” that carries all the best trendy styles and at very low prices.
Then I thought, “maybe I should’ve listened to my mom when she said I won’t be needing 13 pair of jeans and 25 different sweaters.” So, to help you not make the same mistakes as me I’m going to put some do’s and don’ts.
- Pack your whole closet. You definitely aren’t going to need those jeans that have been in your closet for ages that you haven’t worn for the past 2 months.
- Bring all your sneakers. Just Your top essentials.
- Girls, don’t bring heels. You’re most likely not going to end up wearing them 😦 I bought 3 pair of heels and I haven’t worn them once.
- Don’t bring sandals
- Don’t worry much about toiletries. There are places like Boots and Eurogiant that carry mostly everything at affordable prices.
- Don’t bring your hair dryer because the voltages might be different and it can damage your items.
- bring a piece of home that you can look back on if you get a bit homesick.
- Pack medicine incase you get sick.
- Girls, nice booties for a good night out instead of heels.
- Thick coats that you can wear over layers.
- Basic clothes you can layer.
- Pack a small umbrella. ( you can buy that here too)
- Pack light!